Responsible for the end to end business and technical analysis in the specification, design, delivery and support of multiple HSBC AMG IT projects. Lead a technical project for a specific platform or group of technologies. This includes project management activities.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
The role will involve full life cycle development predominantly for web based applications . The incumbent will assist in the enhancement and development of a number of applications within the Alternative Investment Group IT (AIG IT) landscape. These may vary from hedge fund research to trading and reporting applications. The role requires some 2nd line support tasks to be undertaken for day to day trading and/or reporting related queries, requiring prompt resolution
The role requires a confident, problem solver who is comfortable working remotely and directly with the business as well the GPB/ HTS groups.
The role requires supporting, the smooth running of the AIG IT Platform.
Gather business, regulatory and other relevant requirements on a global basis.
Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations, policies and procedures that apply to HSBC Group IT projects, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Participate to project build phase by developing programs, scripts and others technical tools configuration.
Analyze existing processes and systems to determine and document optimal workflows and data flows.
Work closely with IT development teams to ensure delivery is on time and in line with requirements.
Support testing activities when required.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
The role requires hands-on experience of:
* .Net development experience. Ideally some ASP.Net v2 Webforms/MVC experience.
* Good SQL Server 2012 knowledge including writing T-SQL stored procedures.
* Able to write clean, optimized, efficient code.
* Day to day production support assistance ie bug fixing where required.
* Knowledge and experience of automated testing tools.
* NoSQL ie MongoDB experience desirable.
* WCF beneficial but not essential
* Investment Management industry and product knowledge advantageous
* All-rounder with systems design experience, alongside their programming skills.
* Systems design techniques , the latest design tools, to integrate external data feeds from third party providers
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent
* End to end IT delivery lifecycle
* Working in IT in a medium to large sized Financial Services environment
* Highly developed written and oral communication. Stakeholder management
* Ability to work in a virtual global team
* Team player; superb team skills both as a team member and as a team leader. Initiative, drive and ambition
* Essential to be fluent in English